Isn’t it a problem that the news media takes polls, then broadcasts that information, *before* an election? Doesn’t that mean you’re poisoning the voting pool by giving people a different idea of what will happen?
- polls say obama was gonna win tonight
- but isn’t it possible that people saw that and said ‘hey, i gotta go vote’
- and now clinton is winning because of it?
or, a more sinister example
- polls say candidate A is gonna win
- so candidate A supporters say “they’ll win, i don’t have to worry about voting”
- yet candidate B wins by a few percentage points because of the people who decided to come out because of the poll?
does that sound *exactly* like the 2000 election?